A Message From the Principal
Welcome to El Rancho Schooll!!
This year marks El Rancho School’s 56th year educating children in Carmichael. We are so proud of our past and welcome you to join us in the near future.
What sets El Rancho School apart from other schools?
- • Our traditional teaching methods are tried and true. In our 56 years of teaching experience at El Rancho School we have seen many swings in education. We have decided not to fully adopt Common Core Standards. There are CCS in our traditional educational practices, but are not the crux of our program. With so many teaching and learning styles we feel a blend of contemporary and classic methods within our curriculum are important.
- • Our academic preschool is not only a rich learning environment, but is totally fun for the children. We introduce phonics (letter recognition & sounds) when children are 3 and a group of Transitional Kindergarten (4 yr. old) students will read their first books before entering kindergarten. Daily art projects not only develop creative thinkers, but also develop the children’s fine motor skills.
- • Kindergarten – middle school students are ability grouped for reading and math instruction within their individual classes. This allows for small group instruction which fosters academic success. In reading, our teachers teach skills in vocabulary analysis, comprehension, literary elements, and we listen to the children read. There are between 2-5 leveled reading/math groups per grade level.
- • Writing skills are maximized in our classrooms. With smaller class sizes our teachers are able teach writing and editing skills in whole group instruction as well one-on-one. Individual attention from their teachers develops incredible writers.
- • Technology, internet and keyboarding lessons are introduced and those skills are utilized in class. Weekly technology instruction ties to the lesson to make topics more interesting. With 4th graders creating power point presentations and middle school scholars creating virtual museums, lessons require deep thinking and are exciting.
- • Our teachers truly care about each one of their students. We want to work with you to develop your child into a top-scholar. We communicate with parents via text, email, mobile app, and phone calls to keep parents in the loop.
We are setting up appointments for tours and student visit days. We are happy to assist you with more information about El Rancho School, a tour of our beautiful campus, a classroom observation and/or an assessment for your child.
I look forward to visiting with you about your child.
Holly Olson, Principal